Monday, May 6, 2013

Out with the Old and in with the NEW!


Let's do that phrase in reverse today tho, ok.....In with the new and out with the OLD!

I always get terribly excited when a new catalog comes out.  Whether it's the annual catalog, or a Seasonal Catalog!  It's all good.  And there is plenty to be excited about with the release of the 2013-2014 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalog.

A  lot of times it takes me a while to "get on board" with the In Color selection - but not this year!  These are colors that I love.  Strawberry Slush!  Doesn't that just scream SPRING??  (and we are still in major need of some spring here in Iowa!)  I really like how it pairs with Coastal Cabana and Crisp Cantaloupe, as I used it in this card.  Throw in some "goes with everything" Old Olive, and we've got a winner folks!


Using the new Mosaic Madness stamps, and the "Gee, thanks" sentiment from Really Good Greetings, and we've got a super easy - ONE LAYER!!!  card!  Aren't those quatrefoils fun???  Using the clear mount stamps, it was really easy to create the pattern.  No Stamp-A-Ma-Jig needed!

Let me say something quick about the sentiment - I love it for two reasons - it's sincere....but it can also be snarky~!!!  And sometimes. Well.  I need to be snarky!   The Really Good Greetings set is full of great ones!


Now it's time to say ta-ta to a great stamp set.  Kindness Matters.  I've had this set for quite a while, and unfortunately it hasn't had a lot of ink time!  I do like this set, but then again, I like the other 70+ sets that are vying for attention on my shelf!!!  YIKES!


I decided to stamp these butterflies twice.  Once on the main panel, and then again on an extra scrap that I could color and cut out.  When out and about in nature, I love it when I see a butterfly, and as it flits it's wings, another color appears.  So, that was the look I was going for here.  I really am pleased with the way that it turned out.

Talk about a clean and simple card!  And it's another one that would mail super easy!  The kicker today - two cards - no buttons, no designer paper, and no ribbon.  Somebody please call 911~!!!~

Inquiring minds want to know - do you like these simple cards without all of the embellishments, or do you like a little more?  Leave me a message in the comments!


post signature

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love both of these cards! The colors are amazing! The 3D effect of the butterflies is incredible!